Job Purpose of A Fitter (Mechanical)
Overhaul and calibrate various ship board machinery with technical precision, good engineering practices and quality as per work instructions.
- Secondary school.
- I.T.I. Industrial / vocational training.
Minimum 3 years of experience.
Skills & Knowledge Desired
- Select and use appropriate measuring / testing devices.
- Read and understand technical drawings.
- Select and use appropriate tools, equipment, materials and machinery.
- Should know general mechanical fitting practices.
Your Duties As A Fitter (Mechanical)
- Conduct overhauling of various mechanical equipment such as Main Engine 2-stroke, Auxiliary Engine 4-stroke, Steam Turbine, Engine Turbocharger, Centrifugal Pump, Screw Pump, Gear Box, Winches and Windlass, COW machines IG/Pump room fans etc.
- Repair different mechanical items such as Turbines, Engines, Compressor, Winches, Windlass and different valves.
- Maintain good working relationship with workers, appointed foreman, supervisors and management.
- Perform duties of a Foreman as required / appointed for individual projects.
- Ensure materials are of required standard prior to use, reporting damages when required.
- Work within allocated time scale to meet department targets.
- Follow the day to day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work.